Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is for those of you who would like to include cottage cheese in your breakfast meal but find it too bland on its own. You can also have it as a healthy afternoon snack.
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons canned garbanzo beans
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chat masala (available in Indian grocery stores)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- fresh chives, to garnish
- In a large bowl combine the first 4 ingredients.
- Garnish with chopped chives.
- If you would some crunch, also sprinkle some crushed roasted popadums on top.
Excellent!! I hate cottage cheese but keep reading how nutritious it is. After seeing this recipe, I decided to give it another go and it's awesome. Thank you for such a wonderful recipe :-)
Delicious, easy and healthy just like I like it. I also lavished it with lots and lots of cilantro. Very tasty and filling for quick nutrition when you're on the run.
Thanks for this splendid idea to get more protein into my diet Dimpi. My obgyn recommended cottage cheese as a good protein source for me but since I don't really like it, I had trouble keeping it down. In this recipe, the texture of the chana really helps make the soft cheese more palatable and the chat spice works great too. Some changes I made was to mix some cilantro into it instead of chives and I increased the garbanzo to half cup.