Recipe by Vino Girl
I've made this a few times now, and it is very simple and delicious. We love it! It originally was printed in Everyday Food magazine (issue #3), and I have made minor changes to the recipe. It is wonderful with beans and rice.
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1⁄2 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 (8 ounce) catfish fillets, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the cornmeal, paprika, cumin, cayenne, salt, and pepper on a plate or cookie sheet.
- Dredge both sides of the fish through the mixture, coating both sides well.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Place fillets in the pan and cook for 6-8 minutes per side, or until crust is browned and the fish is firm.