Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
You can use any other meat that has bones for this recipe. The meat should detach easily from the bone after cooking.
- Heat oil in pressure cooker at medium heat, and brown Cornish hen for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Combine all other ingredients in a bowl, and pour over hen.
- Close lid securely with pressure regulator on vent pipe.
- Cook at high heat until pressure regulator starts to rock.
- Turn heat down to medium high and continue cooking for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and let pressure drop on its own.
This recipe is quick and easy to put together. I followed the recipe precisely, including the optional green onions. I thought the veggies were wonderful, very tender and flavorful. The game hen was not as tender as I would have anticipated. Overall I thought the dish was good, but not something I would serve to guests or one I would probably make again (I've discovered that I prefer the taste and texture of a roasted game hen). The PC directions were spot on though and easy to follow. Thanks for posting this recipe. It's always exciting and fun to see PC recipes on zaar.
excellent! fast, easy and delicious.