From BH&G Australian Diabetic Living - a healthy snack I think I would really enjoy or the whole cob as a side.
- Put the corncob in a large steamer basket over a saucepan of simmering water and cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the corn is just tender (I would use my electrical tiered steamer).
- Put the ground coriander, cumin and chilli in a small non-stick frying pan and cook, stirring for 1 minute or until aromatic and then add the spread/margarine and garlic and cook stirring until the spread has melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Cut the corncob in half and add to the pan and brush with the spice mixture.
- Add coriander, then toss to coat corncob halves and then serve and enjoy.
- VARIATION - replace the fresh coriander with parsley or chives.
We are corn lovers in this house, and this certainly went down well.
The corn was sweet, tender and juicy, and the spices spot on.
I can see this becoming a habit!! Thanks Pat.
Made for PRMR.
It is the height of corn season and the corn could not be sweeter or juicer if it tried! The spices in this yummy recipe make a tasty and delightful contrast to the sweetness of the corn! I made using the chive option listed in step six. We loved this corn and will be making again, thanks for the post.
Very nice change of pace from ordinary corn on the cob! I wish now I had made more than one serving ~ Served with Pork & Cheddar Torta ~ Made for Zaar's Newest Tag (all Pat's recipes were up) ~