Recipe by I'mPat
From BH&G Australian Diabetic Living - a healthy snack I think I would really enjoy or the whole cob as a side.
Top Review by Noo
We are corn lovers in this house, and this certainly went down well.
The corn was sweet, tender and juicy, and the spices spot on.
I can see this becoming a habit!! Thanks Pat.
Made for PRMR.
- 1 corn on the cob (husk and silk removed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄16 teaspoon chili (ground a pinch)
- 2 teaspoons reduced fat margarine (sunflower fat reduced 40%)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 2 tablespoons coriander (chopped fresh)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the corncob in a large steamer basket over a saucepan of simmering water and cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the corn is just tender (I would use my electrical tiered steamer).
- Put the ground coriander, cumin and chilli in a small non-stick frying pan and cook, stirring for 1 minute or until aromatic and then add the spread/margarine and garlic and cook stirring until the spread has melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Cut the corncob in half and add to the pan and brush with the spice mixture.
- Add coriander, then toss to coat corncob halves and then serve and enjoy.
- VARIATION - replace the fresh coriander with parsley or chives.