Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
This one is very easy and a slightly different sort of oven "fried" chicken. Got the kid and husband approval. Adapted from Mr. Food.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- Add buttermilk to a shallow bowl or pan.
- Mix the next 6 ingredients together in another bowl.
- Dip a drumstick into the buttermilk, then into the cornmeal mixture (make sure to coat well and completely).
- Place drumstricks in a 13x9 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray (make sure drumsticks are in a single layer).
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until browned and juices are clear.
This was an easy dish to prepare. The cornmeal gave it an unusual texture, and the taste was good. Thanks for sharing.