Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from my Chef in school. I really enjoyed it. It was nice to get a little kick out of your cornbread!
- Mix the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, pepper flakes, and salt together.
- In a seperate bowl mix the eggs, vegetable oil, sour cream, and yogurt together.
- Stir the flour mixture into the wet ingedients until the batter is combined.
- Add the jalapeno chilies and cheddar.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9" square pan.
- Bake at 400 for about 20 minute Or until a toothpick comes clean.
Light, fluffy and beautifully golden. I baked this in a 9" cast iron skillet for the recommended 20 minutes so perhaps that's why it came out a little dry. Stick with the baking dish and maybe you'll have better luck. The spiciness was very mild.