Recipe by Chef Dudo
Found this in one of my cookbooks. Made it last week for lunch and it was good! Hope you'll like it too.
Top Review by Lalaloula
Wow, this is indeed spicy, but in a very nice way! :) It has a great cornbread texture-dense and soft with a cheesy crust and the taste is so yummy! I luv how the onion, chili, bell pepper, corn and garlic (I used fresh) go so well together and make for a fruity yet hot treat. I decided to make the recipe into muffins as I wanted to serve them with a soup (so everyone could have an individual bread) and this way everything was baked through after 12 minutes. THANKS SO VERY MUCH for sharing this lovely recipe with us! Made and reviewed as the second recipe for my baby during Fall PAC 09.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped and diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped and diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 green chili pepper, very finely cut
- 1 cup corn kernel, fresh, frozen or canned
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Grease a ten-inch skillet and place it on the middle shelf in the oven.
- Sift the cornmeal, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Whisk the eggs then stir in milk, red bell pepper, onion, chilipepper, garlic, corn kernels and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Form a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients.
- Mix well
- Carefully remove the hot pan from the oven and immediately pour the batter into the pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and return to the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the pan comes out clean.
- The top should be golden brown.
- Can be served warm or cold.