Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
tasty and colourful
- 4 cups whole kernel corn (I use frozen)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 3 spring onions, sliced finely
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Mexican chili powder
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed (optional)
- Cook corn in boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Drain well and refresh in cold water.
- Cut peppers into 1 cm cubes.
- Slice celery and spring onion thinly.
- Mix corn, peppers, onions and celery together.
- Peel and destone the avocado.
- Mash with a fork until smooth.
- Mix avocado,lemon juice, sour cream, chilli powder and (garlic if using) together.
- Mix avocado dressing through the corn mixture or serve separately.
This was different, and excellent. Went great with grilled chicken and re-fried beans!
I followed the recipe to the letter and it was awful! Way too much lemon juice. Are the other reviewers following the same recipe?
This made a nice salad to go with BBQ ribs. It has bright colors, good Tex-Mex flavor and is easy to put together. Thanks.