Recipe by Cookin-jo
This is a great dish to serve at a family gathering. The "heat" can be easily adjusted to your preference and fresh or frozen corn may be used. Adapted from Bonnie Stern "Simply Heartsmart".
Top Review by Paula2006
Such a fun recipe. It can easily be adjusted to the vegetables on hand. I spice it up a bit with hot sauce, hot peppers etc. at home but I make it as is printed for pot lucks. Thanks for sharing Cookin-Jo.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can mild green chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 8 cups fresh corn or 8 cups frozen corn
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock or 3⁄4 cup vegetable stock
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, washed and chopped (equal to one bag)
- pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a big deep skillet or pot.
- Add the onion and cook until softened.
- Add the garlic, do not let it brown.
- Add peppers, chilies and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in corn and then add stock. Boil 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper, then add cilantro and green onion to garnish.