Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very easy to make side dish which we love for the contrasting flavors coming from the sweetness of the corn and the spiciness of the pepper and blue cheese. Lovely with grilled meats, but also garlicy main dishes.
- 1 (285 g) can kernel corn, drained (NOT creamed corn)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 jalapeno, finely minced (leave the seeds in if you want it spicier)
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Lightly grease a 2 QT baking dish with butter.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Take 1/2 cup of the corn kernels from the (drained) can and set aside.
- Put remaining corn in a medium-sized bowl, along with the the sour cream and puree with a hand blender until the kernels have broken down.
- Add milk and eggs and puree well.
- Gently stir in the jalapeno, blue cheese, and reserved corn kernels.
- Mix thoroughly and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into the baking dish and bake for one hour.
- When done, the top should be golden brown and the pudding set through.
This has to be the best corn pudding I have had to date. I loved the flavour of the blue cheese coming through together with the heat of the chilli but they did not overpower the sweetness of the corn. I particularly liked leaving some of the corn whole which gave the dish a lovely crunch.
Delicious! We all loved this, and with just a hint of spice and blue cheese it made for a memorable, easy side dish. Thanks so much for posting!