1/1 Photo of Spicy Corn Cups
My variation of a recipe from two people-MIL and Crescent Dragonwheel. It looks pretty and tastes zippy. I increased the chile powder after second review.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons onions, diced
- 3/4 cup tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, chunks (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs or 4 tablespoons cornmeal or 4 tablespoons buttery crackers
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In small bowl, mix together onion, tomato, cilantro, and chili powder, set aside.
- 3Spray three 8 oz. custard cups with cooking spray.
- 4Using a slotted spoon divide the tomato mixture equally between the custard cups.
- 5Put about 3 tablespoons of cheese atop each tomato mixture.
- 6Put egg in medium sized mixing bowl, lightly beat; stir in corn, milk, sugar, breadcrumbs or corn meal or buttery crackers, garlic salt, and pepper.
- 7Put corn mixture on top of the tomato mixture.
- 8Place filled custard cups on a large pan-just so it is easier to handle, place in oven.
- 9Bake for 40 minutes, or until browned on top.
- 10Let cool for 5 minutes, run table knife around sides, then carefully tip out of pan onto serving plate.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Corn Cups
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.3
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 64.8 mg
- Sodium 404.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 7.2 g