Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Sometimes I want to serve something other than Mexican rice with Mexican food. This is what I usually turn to. I like the color contrast, especially when served with red enchiladas.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or more if you like it extra spicy)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Add onion and cook until onion is softened.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently.
Very easy and very tasty. Can't beat a combo like that :) Made according to directions though it did simmer a bit longer than normal as daughter was a bit late getting off work tonight. I found that flavors were very well blended at least for us and daughter announced it was definately to go on the permament list. Served with tilapia and a green salad.
Excellent variation of the same ol' same ol' We totally enjoyed it
This made a very nice side for smoked chicken. A finely diced jalapeno was substituted for the green chili.