Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a refreshing summer salad that is a great side dish to serve with chicken on the grill or with Mexican food. Sometimes I make it for a light supper or for lunch. You can make it as spicy as you like. I buy the jalapenos labeled HOT and add a little extra chili powder so mine is usually very spicy. This doesn't store very well (gets soggy), so you might want to cut the recipe in half if you don't have a big crowd.
- 4 cups sweet corn (canned or frozen)
- 2 cans black beans (or 1 can of black beans and 1 can of kidney beans)
- 1 small chopped red bell pepper
- 1 small chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pickled jalapeno pepper (you buy these in a jar)
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Mix salad ingredients together.
- In a small bowl, mix dressing ingredients.
- Toss with salad ingredients.
- Chill about 30 minutes before serving.
We love corn and bean salads and this one is excellent! I cut the recipe in half as you suggested, went with the hot jalapenos which made for a wonderfully spicy salad. Will be adding this side dish to our summer cookouts. Can't wait to be serving it to family and friends. Thank you for a new to us corn and bean salad.