Musical Joy's Note:
This is a refreshing summer salad that is a great side dish to serve with chicken on the grill or with Mexican food. Sometimes I make it for a light supper or for lunch. You can make it as spicy as you like. I buy the jalapenos labeled HOT and add a little extra chili powder so mine is usually very spicy. This doesn't store very well (gets soggy), so you might want to cut the recipe in half if you don't have a big crowd.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups sweet corn (canned or frozen)
- 2 cans black beans (or 1 can of black beans and 1 can of kidney beans)
- 1 small chopped red bell pepper
- 1 small chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled jalapeno pepper (you buy these in a jar)
- 1Mix salad ingredients together.
- 2In a small bowl, mix dressing ingredients.
- 3Toss with salad ingredients.
- 4Chill about 30 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Corn and Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (926 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 608.9
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2441.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 129.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.4 g
- Sugars 26.1 g
- Protein 21.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: