Recipe by TerriB16
I make this with fresh corn on the cob when I have time to grill it, or a bag of frozen corn. Tastes great sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
Top Review by mommyoffour
Okay, this is a really good side dish. However I must admit i added a few things. DD has been on the lookout for a spicy corn dish she had a few years back at a friends house and this was our great start. I followed your directions until the end I added some cream and Mexican cheese. She was in heaven. This was what she was wanting. We all enjoyed it, so I thank you for sharing your recipe with me. I plan on making it as you have written it too. Very good.
- 5 -6 ears corn (or large bag, frozen)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grill corn to desired doneness, I like mine charred a little. And cut from cob.
- Melt butter in skillet and brown onion, bell pepper, jalapeno and half of basil.
- When onions and pepper are tender, add corn and heat all the way through. mix in remaining basil.