Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This is sooo good! It goes with almost anything! I love to put some of this in a tortilla wrap in which I have cold turkey, or roast beef, or just about anything. I think you will like it too. If you're not big on cilantro, feel free to reduce it, and you can always use parsley in it's place.
- 3 medium carrots, peeled, finely chopped
- 6 cups green cabbage, shredded (approx. 1 small head)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into matchstick-sized strips
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (add more or less, if desired) (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- For slaw:.
- Cook carrots in med. saucepan of boiling, salted water until crisp-tender, about 2 minute.
- Drain, then cool.
- Transfer carrots to large bowl.
- Add cabbage, bell pepper, onion and cilantro.
- For dressing:
- Whisk lime juice, ground cumin, minced garlic and hot pepper sauce in med. bowl.
- Gradually whisk in oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss salad with enough dressing to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper; serve.
- Note: Cabbage mixture and dressing can be made 8 hours ahead. Cover separately; chill. Rewhisk dressing before continuing.