Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Southern Living. For those of us who like the idea of a reuben, but don't like sauerkraut.
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefinely shredded cabbage
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup thousand island dressing
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 12 slices sourdough bread (for sandwiches)
- 6 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1 lb thinly sliced corned beef
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat; saute cabbage and green onions for 3-5 minutes or until cabbage is wilted; remove from heat and stir in dressing.
- Spread mustard evenly on 1 side of 6 bread slices.
- Layer evenly with cheese slices, corned beef, and cabbage mixture.
- Top with remaining bread slices.
- Cook sandwiches on a lightly greased nonstick griddle for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.