Recipe by Miss Erin C.
This is the next coleslaw on my list to try. This one comes from Wayne Harley Brachman who I adore!
Top Review by Marla Swoffer
This had just the right amount of spicyness (I actually mixed sesame oil and chili paste together since I didn't have hot chile sesame oil). But I think it needed more sweetness. I mixed it with some fruit chutney (pineapple/plum) I had made for our fish, and it really perked it up. I think cutting the cabbage with carrots or another vegetable (or even fruit) would help cut the heavyness of the cabbage. But it was still a good salad, so thanks for posting it!
- 1 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 bunch scallion, sliced on the bias into 1 inch strips
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot chile sesame oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup peanuts