Recipe by Oolala
From my hand written cards in my recipe box-unknown source.
Top Review by Wine tastings
We have a wine shop and I tried this for our Valentine's tasting and everyone loved it!!! I added more red pepper and used cilantro instead of parsley. I also was maybe a little heavy on the garlic and onion because I love them but just a little extra is always good : ) I put each on a skewer with a chunk of avocado.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled, tails on, deveined
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet.
- Add garlic and onion and cook over low heat for 3 minutes without browning the garlic.
- Add shrimp and pepper flakes.
- Increase heat to medium and cook, tossing constantly, 3 minutes or until shrimp just turn pink and begin to curl.
- Transfer shrimp and sauce to bowl.
- Add lemon juice, salt and parsley; toss well and cover.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving to blend flavors.