1/1 Photo of Spicy Cod With Tomatoes and Spinach
I've been trying to make healthy tasty recipes for my family with what I have on hand. This came about as an experiment. My husband asked me to submit it so we wouldn't lose it. I consider that a pretty high compliment! Serve this over noodles (I used whole wheat elbows but something with some nooks and crannies to catch the sauce would be great!) with some veggies and bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
- 2Add the onions, shallots, and garlic.
- 3Cook until the onion is translucent.
- 4Add all the tomatoes, the tomato paste, and the cumin.
- 5Stir and let it simmer 3-5 minutes or until it starts to thicken slightly.
- 6Add the spinach and stir until it is combined.
- 7Let it cook 2-3 minutes.
- 8Meanwhile chop the cod into small even pieces.
- 9Add it to the tomato sauce, stirring to make sure it is all covered with sauce.
- 10Let it simmer 5-8 minutes or until the fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Cod With Tomatoes and Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.5
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 32.4 mg
- Sodium 523.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 17.3 g