Recipe by ladypit
I've been trying to make healthy tasty recipes for my family with what I have on hand. This came about as an experiment. My husband asked me to submit it so we wouldn't lose it. I consider that a pretty high compliment! Serve this over noodles (I used whole wheat elbows but something with some nooks and crannies to catch the sauce would be great!) with some veggies and bread.
- 1 lb cod
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 (10 ounce) canschopped tomatoes and green chilies
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 -2 teaspoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
- Add the onions, shallots, and garlic.
- Cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add all the tomatoes, the tomato paste, and the cumin.
- Stir and let it simmer 3-5 minutes or until it starts to thicken slightly.
- Add the spinach and stir until it is combined.
- Let it cook 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile chop the cod into small even pieces.
- Add it to the tomato sauce, stirring to make sure it is all covered with sauce.
- Let it simmer 5-8 minutes or until the fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.