Recipe by surus
Great buttery recipe for codfish. I found this on the website for the New York Seafood Council and tried it last night. It was super good and easy to make. I didn't baste as directed because I wasn't sure if the crumbs were supposed to be spooned over the top of the fish or not. I also had to cook mine a little longer, but it came out great.
Top Review by CulinaryQueen
Really enjoyed this. The Dijon gives a nice little tang to it. I didn't use the full amount of butter and just poured the sauce over the fish and baked. I didn't even bother basting and it came out fine. Very easy to put together. Might be nice to add some garlic to it.
- 4 -6 cod fish fillets
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper or 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on bottom of a greased, shallow baking dish.
- Place cod on top of crumbs.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over fish.
- Bake uncovered in 450* oven@ 10 minute per inch thickness of fish, basting several times.
- Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.