1/2 Photos of Spicy Cod Cakes With Chipotle Sauce
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
While this recipe calls for cod, you could use any mild, flaky white fish fillets as long as you adjust the cooking time to reflect the variable thickness. Another thing you might want to adjust is how much of the chipotle in adobo you use. I ate sitting next to a fire extinguisher, this being my first time making the dish. (YOWZA!) Anyway, I had about a pound (16 oz) of fish and when all was said and done, ended up with 4 patties each about 3-3.5" in diameter. We had them as part of a moderate meal with baguette slices and a simple salad. If you make many smaller versions, you could serve them as appetizers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly coat a baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Rinse and pat cod dry, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Place in pan and bake 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- 2Using a fork, break fillets into small flakes and place in a large bowl. Add egg, 2 tablespoons of the mayonnaise plus panko and green onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then gently mix to combine. Form into 4 patties.
- 3In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add patties; cook 5 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through (145°F).
- 4For the chipotle sauce: In a small bowl, combine sour cream, cilantro, chipotle and remaining (2T) mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top each cod cake with a spoonful of sauce or serve it on the side.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Cod Cakes With Chipotle Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.5
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 93.6 mg
- Sodium 294.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 19.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo