Recipe by Jeri Roth Lande
A different way to cook tofu with an exotic taste. This is a my variation of a recipe I found on allrecipes.com Serve with rice.
Top Review by TattooedMamaof2
Pretty good, wasn't able to make it exactly as the recipe is written due to a lack of ingredients. I used 1/4 of an onion instead of the green, broccoli instead of green beans and left out the mushrooms.
- 1 (16 ounce) package firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) package cut green beans
- 1 ounce fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tofu into cubes and broil in toaster oven while preparing vegetables to firm it up.
- Heat oil in skillet, add onions and fry until they start to brown.
- Mix in garlic, ginger, coriander and cumin.
- Add mushrooms and peppers and stir.
- Microwave green beans in the bag for 5 min to thaw.
- Add coconut milk, 2 Tbsp of soy sauce, brown sugar and hot sauce to pan. Bring to a boil.
- Add in green beans, tofu and basil.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until green beans are cooked.
- Mix cornstarch with 1 Tbsp soy sauce and stir into pan.
- Heat until sauce thickens.
- Taste and add more soy sauce or hot sauce if necessary.