Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
I was trying to create a creamy, spicy flavour in my mind and I came up with this recipe. However, if you don't like it hot, just eliminate the pepper flakes. You can also add a tablespoon of fresh chopped cilantro at the end of the cooking process for added flavour.
- 20 tiger shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 onion, chopped very finely
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced finely
- 1 tomatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3⁄4 cup partially skim milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk (available in cans in most Asian food stores)
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 little oil (for frying)
- Saute onion in oil until transparent and slightly golden.
- Add garlic and tomato and stir until the tomato and onion make a sauce (med-low heat).
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until shrimps turn pink and curl.
This stuff should need a license- it is scary good! I'm going back to the store for more shrimp now. Use a little extra coconut milk, okay? Bye!