From "Prevention" magazine
Make and share this Spicy Coconut Rice Pilaf recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a medium saucepan.
- Add onion and jalapeno pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion starts to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in rice and cook 1 minute.
- Add water or stock and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed and rice is cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Toss in butter and coconut.
- Cover and steam 5 minutes longer.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.
I love rice and this dish does not disappoint. A little different than the other coconut rice dishes I have tried, but certainly delicious. We really enjoyed the flavor and textures in the rice. The jalapeno was a nice touch. Thank you for sharing a recipe that I will make again. Made for Pac Spring Safari.