Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Real Simple
Make and share this Spicy Coconut Noodles recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces rice noodles or 8 ounces fettuccine
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chili paste (optional) or 1 tablespoon chili sauce (optional)
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces bean sprouts
- 16 basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut, toasted (optional)
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, over medium heat, combine the coconut milk, tomato paste, chili powder, salt, and chili paste or sauce (if using). Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 or 3 minutes. Stir in the drained noodles and toss. Divide the noodles among individual bowls. Top with the scallions, sprouts, basil, and coconut (if using).
- To toast shredded coconut, scatter it on a baking sheet and place in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven until it's golden. 3 to 5 minutes. Watch carefully: it goes from toasted to scorched in seconds.
This was really good! Easy to make and very flavourful! I added shrimp to ours and it was a perfect match. Thank you!