Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Two of my favourite things, coconut and noodles together! Super easy and quick
- 125 g dried medium egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red chile, deseeded and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 5 cm fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 stalk lemongrass, sliced
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 125 g cabbage, shredded
- 275 g green beans, sliced on diagonal
- 150 g mushrooms, sliced
- 75 g unsalted peanuts
- Place noodles in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to stand.
- Heat oil in a wok and gently fry the onion, chilli, garlic, coriander, ginger, tumeric and lemongrass for 5 minutes.
- Pour coconut milk and stock into the wok and just bring to the boil. Turn down heat and add the vegetables and drained noodles.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the peanuts and serve.
DH and I loved these noodles! We used dried chiles to taste and added carrots as well. Thanks for a great recipe!