Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I just put this together and totally wowed myself and DH (he's pretty picky)! Didn't expect it to turn out so good. Thought I better put it down right away. I hope it turns out for you as well as it did for me. (And I hope I can repeat it!) I've put the steps and ingredients in the order that I put them in when making it... and since I was creating it as I went along may seem in an odd order. Next time I will try using tofu instead of chicken and maybe some fresh coriander. Please let me know what you think!!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried herbs
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 3 boneless chicken thighs, cubed
- 1 ear of corn, kernels of
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup basmati rice
- 2 -3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons vegetable stock powder
- 2 -3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 400 ml coconut cream
- In a heavy based large sauce pan saute onion and garlic on medium heat until soft.
- Add cubed chicken and brown.
- Add spices and vegetables and rice.
- Put enough water to just cover the ingredients.
- Add stock powder and tomato paste, stirring to mix well.
- Finally add the coconut cream and stir well.
- Bring to the boil and turn to low and simmer until all veggies and rice are cooked.
- Cooking and preparation times are approximate.