Recipe by RyGuy
This is another recipe from my aunt that I can help make on the weekends. They smell wonderful while baking, and always taste great. I have made them in mini muffin pans (with mini chocolate chips) and brought them to school for a snack once too, and my fellow second graders gobbled them up!
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips (I use extra large ones)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees.
- Mix flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk and melted butter.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring just enough to moisten.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the mixture into greased muffin pans, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
- Remove immediately from the tins and cool briefly on a wire rack.