Recipe by C in PA
This recipe came from a combination of a few recipes. I love spicy foods, and wanted to find a nut recipe that had plenty of spice. These are great for get-togethers or just to snack on. I like to use the deluxe nut mix that doesn't have any peanuts. Better make sure you have plenty of cold drinks on hand!
- 1 1⁄2 cups mixed nuts
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk egg white and water together until foamy.
- Pour over nuts in bowl.
- Place nuts in strainer and strain for 3 minutes.
- Place into brown paper lunch bag.
- Mix all spices together in small bowl while draining nuts.
- Pour worcestershire sauce over nuts and add spices to bag.
- Shake until well coated.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes at 275, stirring once.
- Lower heat to 225 and bake 30 minutes more, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy.
- Store in airtight container.