Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe came from a combination of a few recipes. I love spicy foods, and wanted to find a nut recipe that had plenty of spice. These are great for get-togethers or just to snack on. I like to use the deluxe nut mix that doesn't have any peanuts. Better make sure you have plenty of cold drinks on hand!
- 1 1⁄2 cups mixed nuts
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- Whisk egg white and water together until foamy.
- Pour over nuts in bowl.
- Place nuts in strainer and strain for 3 minutes.
- Place into brown paper lunch bag.
- Mix all spices together in small bowl while draining nuts.
- Pour worcestershire sauce over nuts and add spices to bag.
- Shake until well coated.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes at 275, stirring once.
- Lower heat to 225 and bake 30 minutes more, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy.
- Store in airtight container.
This is a good bold and spicy mix. I personally did not care for it, but my son (whom I made it for) loved it! He gave it 5* for sure.
I can't believe I haven't rated these yet! I was looking for a recipe for our housewarming party 2 years ago and found this. These nuts were a HUGE hit and I now give them as Christmas gifts to my family. They absolutely LOVE them!!! I doubled the batch and made some minor changes by using 1 1/2 cups almonds (my favorite) with 1 1/2 cups cashews (my dad's favorite), increased the cayenne to 3/4 tsp on a double batch (we like things spicy!) and added 1 T Tabasco when putting in the Worcestershire to the nuts (again, we like things spicy!). These are VERY popular at my school and I'm often asked to bring them to basketball games when I'm doing the scorebook. :)