Recipe by Recipe Reader
This is a very simple marinade.
Top Review by JanieTeachGal
DH decided he wanted to grill shrimp and salmon in this grill session. We tried this recipe, and (as we grill at my parents' house) my mom said it was like eating popcorn! Two pounds of shrimp devoured by four people in a matter of minutes. The sugar and the natural sugars in the fruit juices added a nice caramelization to the shrimp. Awesome recipe and a keeper!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 oranges, juice and zest of
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place shrimp in large sealable plastic bag.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the marinade ingredients.
- Pour over shrimp and seal bag.
- Marinate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat barbeque grill on high heat.
- Remove shrimp from bag and pat dry.
- Lightly oil the grill and place shrimp directly on grill.
- Cook for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side.