1/1 Photo of Spicy Citrus Grilled Chicken
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Double recipe for increased servings or to accommodate 1 cut-up fryer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2-2 lbs bone-in chicken pieces (your favorite, cut breasts in half crosswise)
- 1 lime, juice and zest of, large
- 1 orange, juice and zest of, large
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded, minced (for spicier chicken, leave seeds and ribs)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Place chicken in a large zip-top plastic bag.
- 2In a bowl, whisk together lime juice and zest, orange juice and zest, oil, oregano, garlic, jalapeno.
- 3Pour marinade into plastic bag over chicken and lay flat in a shallow dish. Refrigerate for at least 90 minutes or up to 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- 4Remove chicken from marinade and season with salt and pepper.
- 5Grill chicken until browned and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Citrus Grilled Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 747.3
- Calories from Fat 526
- Total Fat 58.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 155.2 mg
- Sodium 148.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 39.9 g