Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Double recipe for increased servings or to accommodate 1 cut-up fryer.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs bone-in chicken pieces (your favorite, cut breasts in half crosswise)
- 1 lime, juice and zest of, large
- 1 orange, juice and zest of, large
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded, minced (for spicier chicken, leave seeds and ribs)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Place chicken in a large zip-top plastic bag.
- In a bowl, whisk together lime juice and zest, orange juice and zest, oil, oregano, garlic, jalapeno.
- Pour marinade into plastic bag over chicken and lay flat in a shallow dish. Refrigerate for at least 90 minutes or up to 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove chicken from marinade and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken until browned and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
Lemon and chicken is always such a nice combo and this was no exaptation, with the orange and jalapeno adding a nice layer of flavor. I made using chicken legs as they were on sale for half the coast of breast, will be making again using chicken breast as the marinate not only provide flavor but also kept the meat very moist. This might also be good with pork. I did marinate the full 4 hours and think any less may not pick up enough flavor. Thanks for the post.