Prep1 hr 30 mins
Double recipe for increased servings or to accommodate 1 cut-up fryer.
Make and share this Spicy Citrus Grilled Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs bone-in chicken pieces (your favorite, cut breasts in half crosswise)
- 1 lime, juice and zest of, large
- 1 orange, juice and zest of, large
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded, minced (for spicier chicken, leave seeds and ribs)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Place chicken in a large zip-top plastic bag.
- In a bowl, whisk together lime juice and zest, orange juice and zest, oil, oregano, garlic, jalapeno.
- Pour marinade into plastic bag over chicken and lay flat in a shallow dish. Refrigerate for at least 90 minutes or up to 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove chicken from marinade and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken until browned and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.