Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
This is a nice sweet and spicy treat to bake around Halloween. Very simple! 8)
Top Review by fulltime_mom
I doubled this recipe and made a few little changes. I used whole wheat pastry flour, and then increased the baking powder by just a dash. I used butter, as I do not use shortening or margarine for anything in order to avoid hydrogenated oil. I also used dark brown sugar to give a slighly richer flavor. Finally, I did not use a blender, and mixed everything in a bowl instead. This recipe is definitely a keeper. My family liked these and so did a group of ladies I had over.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup soft shortening (or melted)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Grease muffin tins.
- (This will make 8 medium muffins).
- Sift together flour with baking powder.
- In blender, drop egg, milk, shortening, cinnamon, sugar, and salt.
- Blend until mixture is smooth.
- Drop the raisins into blender.
- Blend only a few seconds.
- Pour over the flour mixture.
- Stir lightly.
- Pour batter into the muffin tins.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.