Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve this dip with pita, pita chips, veggie sticks, or crackers.
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained (reserve the liquid)
- 1⁄4 cup packed cilantro leaf
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapenos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Place beans and 1/4-1/3 cup of the reserved liquid, cilantro, lemon juice, jalapenos, olive oil, garlic, cumin and salt in food processor; cover.
- Process until smooth. Add more liquid to make it the consistency that you like.
- Serve immediately or put in fridge for later.
I am so sorry to say that this did not turn out for me. It came out completely soupy and runny. I tried to dip a cracker in it to at least get a feel for the flavor and it just was not good. I would definitely recommend that anyone who wants to try this recipe drain the chickpeas.
Excellent recipe, however, I made a few changes. I used 1 can of chickpeas (which I drained and rinsed), a whole jalepeno (seeded), 2 garlic cloves and lemon to taste, the rest of the ingredients I used in same portions as the recipe. Also, because I drained and rinsed the chickpeas, I added some water to the mix. The outcome was delicious, it tastes the same as the spicy cilantro hummus I usually buy at the farmers market! Thanks for the recipe Jess!