Recipe by Meghan
A super quick recipe for a cilantro-packed noodle bowl that will leave you with no leftovers. Adjust spice to palette.
Top Review by JennyMJ
This is terrific! I wanted something with shrimp and cilantro, so decided on this recipe. I didn't have Thai peppers (used cayenne red pepper flakes), fresh ginger (used powdered...far inferior to fresh, I know), or soba noodles (used linguini). Even with these ingredients, the whole fam loved it, including kids. I will definitely make this again, and have fresh ginger, peppers, and Japanese noodles on hand. I'm glad to finally post a review for this recipe. It deserves a 5-star!
- 1 lb japanese buckwheat soba noodles
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cruchy peanut butter
- 4 Thai red chili peppers, with stems removed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 shallots
- 1⁄2 inch piece fresh gingerroot, skin removed
- 1 lb peeled deveined shrimp
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the soba noodles according to package. Rinse. Drain. (while the water is coming to a boil prepare sauce).
- Cut most of the stem area from cilantro.
- Combine cilantro, fish sauce, peanut oil, soy sauce, peanut butter, chilies, salt, pepper, garlic and ginger. puree in food processor until smooth.
- dice shallot and sautee until soft in a little peanut oil.
- add shrimp and sauce from the food processor.
- bring so slow simmer to just cook the shrimp.
- toss with drained noodles.