A super quick recipe for a cilantro-packed noodle bowl that will leave you with no leftovers. Adjust spice to palette.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb japanese buckwheat soba noodles
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup cruchy peanut butter
- 4 Thai red chili peppers, with stems removed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 shallots
- 1/2 inch piece fresh gingerroot, skin removed
- 1 lb peeled deveined shrimp
- 1Cook the soba noodles according to package. Rinse. Drain. (while the water is coming to a boil prepare sauce).
- 2Cut most of the stem area from cilantro.
- 3Combine cilantro, fish sauce, peanut oil, soy sauce, peanut butter, chilies, salt, pepper, garlic and ginger. puree in food processor until smooth.
- 4dice shallot and sautee until soft in a little peanut oil.
- 5add shrimp and sauce from the food processor.
- 6bring so slow simmer to just cook the shrimp.
- 7toss with drained noodles.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Cilantro and Shrimp Noodle Bowl
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1151.5
- Calories from Fat 393
- Total Fat 43.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 230.4 mg
- Sodium 5588.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 135.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 69.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: