Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love using hard cider in cooking, and this is a nice combination of sweet, savory, and spicy all together!
- 2 cups sliced smoked sausage
- 2 small zucchini
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper
- 1 medium leek, white parts only
- 1 sharp cooking apple
- 4 ounces baby corn
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup hard alcoholic cider
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Cut the smoked sausage into 1/2-inch slices.
- Slice the zucchinis, dice the peppers, wash and cut the leek into 1/2-inch squares (white and light green parts only).
- Wash the apple well, buffing the skin with towel to remove any residue; core and cut the apple into 1/2-inch pieces, leaving the skin on.
- Trim and cut the baby corn into halves or quarters.
- Heat the oil and butter in a wok or large frying pan, add the sausages and stir-fry for 5 minutes, or until browned.
- Add the vegetables, apple, and cayenne and stir-fry for another 5 minutes or until desired texture is achieved; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Whisk the hard cider and cornstarch together, pour into the pan and stir until the sauce has thickened and the sausages are coated.
- Serve with rice.
- You can use any smoked sausage with this, made from beef, pork, chicken, or turkey - whichever is your favorite!