1/2 Photos of Spicy Christmas Ginger Cookies
delicious, spicy, gingery traditional ginger, chewy cookies. perfect for holidays & presents
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (I used 1/2 applesauce and 1/2 butter)
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup soft diced gingerroot (cross btwn crystallized ginger and ginger in syrup. I use crystallized ginger minced very fine and u)
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light molasses (I used dark molasses or a mix of 1/4 C molasses and 1/4 C corn syrup)
- 1Cream butter, sugar, spices, salt and backing soda until well blended.
- 2Beat in the egg and ginger, then the flour, alternating with the molasses.
- 3Refrigerate the dough for several hours, or overnight; it needs to be stiff enough to handle easily.
- 4Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 5Roll half the dough about 1/4" thick on a floured surface (I mix flour with sugar in the raw). Cut into whatever shapes you like.
- 6Transfer to an ungreased or parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough. (I sprinkled some iwth sugar in the raw).
- 7Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes until they're puffy, and the edges are firm.
- 88. Remove from oven and cool on the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Christmas Ginger Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (32 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.3
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 37.9 mg
- Sodium 192.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 3.4 g