1/4 Photos of Spicy Chorizo Penne Pasta
Make this piqucante pasta dish tonight using chorizo, tomatoes, chili and red wine to name but a few ingredients! Perfect for a cosy night in with a glass of red wine!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 2 chorizo sausages, raw, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 ounces tomato paste
- 2 ounces sun-blushed tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 2 garlic cloves, roasted for 20 minutes
- 9 ounces penne pasta, cooked according to packet instructions
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- fresh basil, to garnish
- 1Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add the onion and chili and cook for two minutes.
- 2Add the chorizo and cook for a further five minutes, or until golden brown all over.
- 3Add the remaining ingredients to the pan, apart from the pasta. Bring the to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 4To serve, stir the pasta into the sausage mixture, then pour onto a serving plate and garnish with fresh basil.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Chorizo Penne Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 904.6
- Calories from Fat 293
- Total Fat 32.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 976.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 113.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.9 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 25.9 g