Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
We love Chorizo. This is a meal in a bowl.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small red chile, finely chopped
- 2 chorizo sausages, peeled chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 (400 g) can diced tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄4 cups small dried pasta shapes
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, run under hot water, drained
- 1 (400 g) can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- grated parmesan cheese, and crusty bread to serve
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add the onion, garlic, chili and chorizo and cook stirring often for 3 minutes.
- Add carrot end celery, cook stirring for 2 minutes. Stir in the timates and stock.
- Bring to the boil and add the pasta. Simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes or until the pasta is just tender.
- Stir in the peas, beans and parsley. Simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into warmed bowls, sprinkle with parmesan and serve with crusty bread.
This is so tasty. The chorizo goes right through it. Really warming and filling so perfect for our colder weather. Both the girls loved the cannellini beans. I cut my vegies up quite small and used smallish pasta. Great recipe, thanks Jan.