Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was created for my girlfriend, who loves Mexican food and wanted burgers one night.
- 48 inches tortillas
- 1 lb chorizo sausage
- 8 ounces shredded Mexican blend cheese or 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno pepper, diced (or to taste)
- sour cream (Topping)
- guacamole (topping)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix the meat and the peppers together until the peppers are more or less evenly distributed. Shape the meat into 5in patties.
- Place the patties in a pan with sides, and put into the oven for 18 minutes.
- While the meat is cooking, butter one side of each of the tortillas, and place them on a cookie sheet butter side out with the cheese between them, making 4 "cheese sandwiches".
- After the meat cooks for about 12 minutes, flip the patties. Place the tortillas in the oven.
- After 5 minutes, the tops of the tortillas should be crispy, so flip them.
- Remove the patties when done to your liking, leave the tortillas in until both sides are crispy, flipping when needed.
- Assemble the burgers, using sour cream and guacamole as toppings. You can add extra cheese, peppers, onions, anything you want.
Wow! I was expecting my mouth to explode from the spiciness but nooooo.....these were just delicious!! Even the kids loved them! I found fresh chorizo at Western Beef, I used 2 jalapenos, and I made 4 patties. The tortillas w/cheese were hard to separate to add the patties. I wish I had guacamole to put on these. And a margarita to wash it all down, lol. Made for PAC 9/07.