Recipe by Boomette
This recipe is from Rachael Ray. Something I'm curious to try.
Top Review by Montana Heart Song
(TRIED IT!!! I added 1 individual packet of Spenda to the mole as it was cooking. This is a personal preference. I would suggest that you use minced garlic instead of chopped. The minced garlic infuses quickly.The ground allspice is hot enough for me. Add hot sauce if you prefer but Cayenne pepper might be a better choice.) 1-11-09 This is chicken wings with a spicy chocolate mole sauce. The allspice with the chili powder and hot pepper sauce will make them very spicy. This recipe is a combination of 3 published recipes for sauces. I will prepare without the hot pepper sauce. It will be spicy enough. This is for mole sauce lovers! Can't wait to try it!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 chicken wings, tips discarded and wings separated at the joint
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 3 ounces dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken wings and cook, turning occasionally, until browned, about 5 minutes; transfer to a plate. Add the garlic, chili powder and allspice and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in the tomato sauce, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add 1 cup water, the chocolate, hot sauce and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring, until the chocolate is melted.
- Return the wings to the pan, lower the heat, cover and simmer until the wings are cooked through and the sauce is reduced to a thick glaze, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the cilantro.