Recipe by heatherhopecs
Found this one in an ad in Sunset magazine, I'm dying to try these!
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Delicious chocolate cookies. The cinnamon and ancho chili powder add a warmth to the cookie -- it does not lend heat, but rather depth of flavor that compliments the chocolate very well. Might add a bit more ancho chili powder next time and lessen the cinnamon just to experiment with the flavors. Made for My Three Chefs, June, 2012.
- 12 ounces semisweet baking chocolate, divided
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (roasted saigon is preffered)
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Melt 8 oz of the chocolate as directed on the package, set aside.
- Coarsely chop the remaining 4 oz of chocolate.
- Mix flour, cinnamon, ancho chile, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl w/ a mixer on medium until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mix well.
- Add melted chocolate, beat until well blended.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture on low until well mixed.
- Stir in chopped chocolate.
- Drop in rounded tablespoons 1.5 inches apart on parchment-paper lined baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for about 10 mins or until cookies are just set and slightly cracked on top.
- Transfer cookies on parchment paper to wire rack, cool completely.