Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adapted from a friend's recipe...spicy chocolate goodness!
Make and share this Spicy Chocolate Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter or 1⁄2 cup non-hydrogenated margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey or 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix the topping ingredients together on a flat plate. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, use a fork to vigorously mix together butter, sugar, honey, and milk. Mix in vanilla.
- Sift in remaining ingredients, stirring as you add them. Once all ingredients are added, mix until you’ve got a pliable dough.
- Roll dough into walnut sized balls. Pat into the sugar topping to flatten into roughly 2 inch discs. Transfer to baking sheet, sugar side up, at least 2 inches apart (they do spread). This should be easy as the the bottom of the cookies should just stick to your fingers so you can just flip them over onto the baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, they should be a bit spread and crackly on top. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.