Recipe by Stardustannie
A delicious spicy cookie...there not HOT, but do have a nice tang to them. The "Boys" seem to always love these cookies when I bake them.
Top Review by Jewelies
These are awesome! I reckon they are hotter when they are cold though! I did end up cooking for slighly longer, maybe 14 minutes. Perfect with a cuppa. A new personal favourite for me. Thanks Shaz!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup plain whole grain wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (careful on this one some cayenne's are hotter that others use your own jugdement)
- 2 cups miniature dark chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 180° celcius.
- Cream butter and sugars together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add vanilla and eggs one at a time beating after each addition till it's nice and light.
- In a seperate bowl sift together all other ing except obviously except choc chips.
- Gradually mix into wet ingredients and beat till just combined.
- Fold in choc chips.
- scoop mixture into 1" balls and place on cookie sheet, flaten slightly with fork. (leave room for spreading.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from tray and cool on wire rack.