Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
You've seen any number of rollup recipes before. This one has a bit of a bite, and is fairly low carb.
- 4 ounces neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 sun-dried tomato, softened
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo
- 1⁄2 teaspoon adobo sauce (from can of chipotles)
- 1 large fresh jalapeno
- 8 slices smoked turkey breast
- Combine neufchatel cheese, onion powder, garlic, tomato, chipotle, and adobo in a mini-food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Cut off stem and remove seeds from jalapeno and cut into 8 long thin strips.
- Spread each piece of turkey flat, and spread some of the cheese mixture on the turkey using a spatula.
- Place 1 strip of jalapeno at one end of the turkey slice and roll up.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Serve chilled.
I just made this and served it at a spur of the moment gathering. It is delicious and is getting rave reviews, as I type. I'm already being asked for the recipe. It is easy and quick. You can't go wrong with this one -- even my "spice-challenged" DH is asking for more.