Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These tacos just call for a party with family and friends since the recipe makes a lot. I have not yet made this recipe, but it looks excellent. Cut down on the spices if you don't like hot stuff.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs ground beef or 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 cups onions, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons chipotle chiles in adobo, chopped
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1 (12 ounce) bottlemexican beer
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Heat a large skillet over moderately high heat.
- Add vegetable oil and continue heating until oil just begins to smoke. Add ground meat and cook until it is cooked through and has released all of it's excess juices.
- Transfer meat to a strainer and strain, reserving the liquid.
- Return skillet to heat and add 1 tablespoon of the reserved juice.
- Add onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add jalpeno and garlic and cook 2 minute more.
- Add drained meat to pan along with spices and chipotles; cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add tomato, beer, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in cilantro and remove from heat.
- Serve immediately with your favorite accompaniments: avocados, sour cream, Jack cheese, cilantro, tomatoes, etc.
This was delicious & a nice change from the stuff in a package. Plus I love chipotles. Everyone loved this evern when they got a BITE of chipotle, lol. Skipped the nasty cilantro, tho. ;) Great photo, Kiwi!!
Loved it! Zaar's Elmotoo gave me an excellent gift of chipotle chiles in adobo and I used them for the first time. DO mix them throughly throughout the dish as they pack a fire-ry punch. That said they are wonderfully tasty and added a LOT to the dish. My jalapenos are imported ones in a jar and the beer was a Belgium dark... DH noticed little tacos in the shops in the shape of little trays so we layered everything on those. Please see my rating system: 4 stars for a very tasty dish indeed. Thanks!
OUTSTANDING!! We KNOW tacos and this was a great recipe...even better then the one I usually use, I think it will become the new family favorite. I did make one change, instead of jalapenos I used Habanero peppers. I thought they were perfect. Nice and SPICY! ZWT3