Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This dish is perfect summer fare...quick to cook, lots of flavor and a meal in its self. From Cooking Light July 2010.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs peeled and deveined large shrimp
- fresh ground black pepper
- cooking spray or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 boston lettuce leaves
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and black pepper. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add half of shrimp to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove shrimp from pan; repeat procedure with remaining shrimp. Cool shrimp for 5 minutes.
- Place shrimp in a medium bowl; stir in celery and next 6 ingredients (through cumin). Arrange 2 lettuce leaves on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 3/4 cup shrimp mixture.