1 hr 10 mins
Love to Eat!!'s Note:
Prepared in a pressure cooker (or not), this meat comes out fork tender. It is SPICY, so don't be afraid to cut back on the chipotles. YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 lbs beef roast (the pot roast cut)
- 1 onion (peeled quartered)
- 1 green pepper (seeded quartered)
- 5 -6 chipotle peppers, they are SPICY so adjust down if you dont like too much spice (canned in adobo)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, rough chopped
- 5 -6 garlic cloves, smashed with edge of knife to peel
- 2 -3 teaspoons cumin, to your taste
- 2 -3 teaspoons oregano, to your taste
- 1 cup water
- 2 -3 teaspoons salt
- 2 -3 teaspoons pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Liberally salt and pepper roast then brown on all sides 5-8 minutes using olive oil in the bottom of the pressure cooker pan.
- 2While the meat is browning chop onions, green peppers, cilantro, and get garlic peeled/smashed.
- 3Remove roast onto platter. Drain excess fat/oil from pan. Put grate in bottom of the pressure cooker (don't worry if you dont have a grate), add meat, onions, green peppers, garlic, cilantro and chipotles. Season all with cumin and oregano to taste, add 1 cup of water. ** If no Pressure cooker don't worry, cover meat with water and simmer for 1 1/2 - 2 hours till tender.**.
- 4Close pressure cooker, bring to pressure, then reduce heat and cook at 15psi for 1 hour, let cooker cool down naturally.
- 5Remove meat from cooker to rest for 5 minutes, discard veggies (or if you prefer extra SPICY shred them up with the meat). Reserve a small amount of the liquid in pan.
- 6Shred meat with two forks (discard any fat/gristle), return to reserved liquid and keep warm on low heat until ready to use in burritos or tacos with your favorite fillings.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Chipotle Shredded Beef for Burritos or Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.3
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 149.6 mg
- Sodium 1337.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 50.3 g