Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
This a great way to grill tofu with a different flavor than usually. It can be adjusted to your liking. Great for summer barbecues or a quick dinner. I like it with garlic bread, fresh corn on the cob, and a green salad. Prep time includes pressing the tofu.
- 1 (16 ounce) package extra firm tofu
- 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) package chipotle-flavored marinade (Use McCormick's Grill Mates)
- 1 lime, juice of, to be divided
- 4 dashes hot sauce (I used Franks, use what you like. adjust to your liking)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Slice tofu into 4-5 slices. Wrap the tofu in paper towl and press for 20-30 minutes under some heavy cans on a cookie sheet.
- When tofu is done pressing, mix 1/2 the packet of marinade mix, garlic powder, hot sauce, oil, water, and 1/2 the lime juice in a small bowl. Add more water if it seems too thick. The garlic and hot sauce can be adjusted to your liking.
- Place tofu in shallow pan or plate and cover with the marinade, turning to coat. Let marinade for 10 minutes.
- Grill on a grill pan or outdoor grill on medium-high heat until searing marks are on both sides, and outside becomes crispy. About 10 minutes.
- Using a wedge or two of the remaining lime, sprinkle the juice over the cooked tofu for extra zing.
Very good! I marinated overnight and it tasted great. Served it with mango/black bean salsa.