Recipe by cdpben
I love this flavorful, tahini-free recipe. It uses roasted garlic--I like to roast a whole clove ahead of time and use the rest in other recipes. It's definitely worth it!!! I prefer my hummus very flavorful, so feel free to reduce the lemon juice, garlic, and chipotle. This was adapted from The Stinking Rose Restaurant Cookbook.
- 1 (10 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 -4 chipotle chile in adobo (depending on how hot you like it)
- 1 -2 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 4 -6 roasted garlic cloves
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Make a slit in each chipotle pepper and scrape the seeds out and discard them (otherwise the heat will overwhelm the flavor). Chop the peppers.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender or food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
- Delicious immediately, better after sitting in refrigerator for a while.
- When refrigerated, good for about 1 week, but mine never lasts that long.